Breaking Bad News Course
This course is designed to teach healthcare professionals how to effectively discuss tragic news with patients and families. Using real-life diagnoses and scenarios, participants are given background information and enter into improvisational role-playing scenes with professional actors who are trained to portray worst-case scenarios. Participants take part in review of video performance. The Breaking Bad News® Course is offered in different training methods. Participants will learn:
- History of compassion in healthcare and current healthcare environment
- Our teaching method and why it is successful
- Mastering body language
- Using compassionate communication to build relationships
- Understanding patient-centric communication
- 7 steps to master Breaking Bad News® in any situation
- Using new insights to change culture
- 5 principles of using the BBN P.R.O.G.R.A.M.™ to improve patient satisfaction
Who should attend?
- Physicians / Resident Physicians
- Healthcare professionals and first responders
- Managers / Supervisors
We have experience adapting this course for all types of attendees.